Wednesday, April 21, 2010
Tuesday, April 20, 2010
Friday, April 9, 2010
Fire. Humans have sought it out ever since we were created. To this day, we all are still attracted to fire. But not just that. Explosions, e another type of fire, is also something we desire. So much that video games are now working especially hard to make the most out of explosions, breaking stuff, and fire. Here are five games that range in ratings that explosions are definitely present in.
Tuesday, April 6, 2010
Welcome the Half Life 2 mod, Dear Esther. It would be rude to call Dear Esther a game, it is one of thechineseroom's numerous projects in first person story telling. The game is, simply, a walk across a landscape. There is no action and basic controls. Movement is limited to walking, crawling or jumping.Trust me on this, you want to walk. A voice in your head is constantly speaking to you. The "voice in your head" is your voice, not the protagonist's voice, your voice. The dialog was split up into multiple sections, with one of three pieces playing when you pass certain landmarks on your long journey. This works surprisingly well, and you have to challenge your self to put the story together, piece by piece. I am not going to say anything about the story, it will be better for you to find out for yourself. You must download this, really. It will change your mind on what a first person game can be, and what it is.
Saturday, April 3, 2010
Thursday, April 1, 2010
EDIT: Files is broken. Working on a new one.
Wednesday, March 31, 2010
- Why Information is Better on the Internet.
- If both internet Information and Tangible information have adds why do I pay for tangible information?
- Will it always be like this?
Monday, March 29, 2010
- What makes Breen a Great and Memorable Villain?
- His Appearance (Which Also has Evolved into A Story About My Hope for Breen)
- His Voice
Friday, March 26, 2010
As was sitting in church with him on Sunday when I looked at his beloved shoes and saw something inscribed there. Written in black ink on the side of his beloved shoes was "I <3 Jesus." I was blown away. My friend had loving "ruined" his much loved shoes for the sake of showing his love for Jesus. I knew that in his mind, those shoes were dedicated to Jesus. That made me ask myself, "Am I showing my Love love to Jesus in everything I do and have? Am worshiping God with every single thing I own, whether it is special to me or not? "
I'll leave you with that. Feel free to comment.
Thursday, March 25, 2010
- I want to put this in words
- I wan't people to know.
Wednesday, March 24, 2010
Hello to all you who are not there! I'm LotusEliseGeek, and I’m doing some mod reviews for DrMadMan here. First, I will be talking about the mods he recommended to me. Let’s start with the Unofficial Star Wars Battlefront II Patch v1.3. This patch is absolutely necessary for any other mods out there, so if you are thinking about downloading one, listen up. This is a generally good mod. It does not tinker with most of the gameplay. The main changes are dealt with the visuals. The hud gets a blue background, and some units are modified. The changes the managaurd so that he has a cape, and the clone commander so he looks like a commander and not a clone marine. Basically, the modifications make the units look more accurate to the movie. My one pet peeve is the imperial officer. His gun is solid black, no texture. Ugh! It’s just so weird to have a solid black gun! Anyway, the mod also works online, which is great. No hassle, just go online and the mod will not affect your playing.
This mod is definitely worth getting, especially if you want other mods. And with that i'm done! I'll come back with Star Wars Battlefront II: Extreme!
Tuesday, March 23, 2010
Monday, March 22, 2010
Thursday, March 18, 2010
Before any of you non-existent readers say that I stole the title idea from RPS, (An awesome blog by the way. I would recommend reading it if you like PC games) I know I stole it. So, back to the subject, I like lists so I’m going to make a list.
Games I have been playing.
- Dwarf Fortress What can I say, this game is amazing, To all of you who don’t want to play because it looks too complicated, It’s more complicated than it looks. Now do you want to play? I was looking for something interesting to play on my old 1 Ghz laptop and I had previously heard of this. It played beautifully on my laptop. I booted the game and was met with the “Generate a World” menu. I was immediately confused to say the least. I then proceeded to search the web for, as I like to call them, “Tuts.” I clicked on the first result that appeared and met this site. After reading a bit I printed out the Tut on my non recyclable paper. [Following has been censored because it may upset ecologists] The Tut proved to be immensely helpful. If you are looking into DF I recommend checking it out. (thanks!) After following the rather extensive tutorial, I began work on a fortress of my own design. It was a lovely (and very addicting) experience. I’ll post more on DF later, I just touched the surface with this post)
- Defcon (Spoiler: Everyone dies) Thanks to T-Bag-T (What a weird user name) I now own a copy of this interesting game. For a game whose color scheme is green and black it is surprisingly sad. I felt a ping of sadness every time one of my devastating nukes hit a city. You want to cry as the message “Leningrad Hit, 2.2 Million dead” flashes onto the screen. I haven’t got around to playing online yet, I played a game or two against the AI and was completely decimated. Knowing from past experiences that, “If you suck against AI, don’t show your face online,” I decided to stay away a little longer. I might post a few short battle summaries/screen shots later if you beg me.
I’ve been playing a bit more but can't talk about it now. First person to comment gets a copy of Crayon Physics Deluxe.
Sunday, February 28, 2010
- Unofficial Star Wars Battlefront II v1.3 Patch If you are getting ANY other mods you will most likely need this patch. The full version includes a Kotor faction, but it is not entirely necessary. If you want the BF2 conversion pack or the Dark Times , install the lite version.
- Battlefront Extreme (2.2) This mod is NEEDED it adds a whole slew of ships, maps, and units. This mods is worth it. You must have the v1.3 patch to install.
- Star Wars Battlefront Conversion Pack Patch (2.2) If you liked the original Battlefront you will love this patch. It adds almost all the units and maps from the original game, yes, you read that right, Spaceships on land maps!
- The Dark Times Last (and least) the Dark Times Mod. This mod adds a new faction and a few (I think) new maps. The strong point in this are the heroes. If you like playing with heroes this mod is for you. It expands upon the original force powers and adds quite a few new force powers. It also greatly improves the hand to hand combat.